This block will help you and your students keep track of their progress, as compared to their individual goals (for asynchronous programs).
It allows DL/BL students a little extra help with setting deadlines and tracking progress.
As a teacher, you set the items that require deadlines. Students will then have the ability to set a deadline date for each of your items.
As it's a new block, here's an example APPLICATION OF THIS PLUGIN.
Adding this block to your Site
- Download the file and unzip.
- For Moodle 3.6 or prior, click here.
- For Moodle 3.7 and newer, click here.
- For Moodle 3.9 and newer, click here.
Adding the Block to a Course
- Within your course, click "Turn editing on"
- In the side panel, find "Add a Block"
- Add "Individual Progress"
- You should now see the block
Configuring the Block
Once you have the block:
- Turn editing on > Click gear (edit) > Click "configure...."
- Typical settings: Ordering in course, Squeeze, No, Yes, Schedule, Selected Activities
- Select Activities: perhaps not all (too many dates) but just the Unit tests or similar?
- "Save Changes"
- Once saved, you can tell students to set their goals.
- Also, you can view "Overview of students" - see below.
- first student hasn't filled-in deadlines. Second has. Bright red for "behind due date"
- Each student will see a button called "Set Deadline Dates" on their block.
- Upon clicking on this button, all of the "teacher selected" items are listed along with a date-selection beside each (see below).
- Choose a deadline for each and "Save Changes"
- Once saved, the student see (as below). Green for done, bright red for behind schedule, dark red for not due yet: