WCLN and D2L
Some WCLN members have chosen to use D2L as their LMS (vs. Moodle). Thank you to Bev Bastness, SIDES, and the D2L team for the following info.
Here are the steps to get a WCLN course working in the Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS).
Configure WCLN as an LTI Provider to your site:
Follow D2L’s instructions for setting up a tool provider, using the following details:
- Launch Point: wcln.ca/local/lti/index.php
- Version: 1.1
- OAuth Signature Method: HMAC-SHA1
- Enter key and secret provided to you by WCLN
- Security Settings: check all
- Make tool provider available to: Select the course offering(s) you have imported WCLN content to, or share down to all course offerings under an organization or organization unit (e.g. department).
Importing the Moodle Backup
Once a new course is created in D2L you can import the .mbz backup using the Import/Export/Copy Course Components tool in the D2L Brightspace Learning Environment. During the course import process, entries from the moodle backup file are converted and imported into the Content tool as Topics. Quizzes, Gradebook and Dropboxes are all created. All files are placed in the managed files area.
Imported Course Example
Using Safari on a Mac, users will find that the default settings don't allow the Table of Contents to work. To fix, either switch to Chrome or:
1. Go to Safari > Preferences
2. Click on the tab titled Privacy
3. After Website tracking, uncheck the box next to Prevent cross-site tracking
4. Reload the LTI page, it should be working now