How to: Send Progress Reports?
Communicating with Parents
Communicating with parents is a key part of remote learning.
Your district or school may have standard ways to communicate with students and/or parents.
If you're looking for a way to communicate assessment and comments, you may find the Progress Report handy.
How to Send a Note to Students
If you wish to send a note to all of (or most of) your students in a course, you can send a group message.
- Under Navigation, Courses, click on Participants
- Use the filter to grab only "active students" if applicable.
- Select all (then unselect any student you want to include)
- At the bottom, With selected users > Send a Message
This will send a note out in the Moodle messenger.
Typical Moodle site settings will involve the message going to the student's email if they don't login soon after your send.
How to Send a "Progress Report"
If you are using the Moodle gradebook, you may wish to send out a (weekly) report to your students (along with a note). You can also include parent/guardians in this Progress Report.
Note that your local Moodle administrator has to install the Progress Report before this is available to you. If installed:
- Turn Editing On
- Add a Block > WCLN Progress Report
- In your new Block "Compose New Email"
For more detail, see: https://wcln.ca/mod/page/view.php?id=306